Job Advert: Façade / Commercial Manager
NorDan UK are a highly successful third generation manufacturer of high performance aluminium clad / timber windows and doors with 10 manufacturing facilities across Europe. As part of our growth strategy NorDan UK are entering into the Subcontract supply and install market and as such, the need for a Façade / Commercial Manager reporting directly to the Operations Director to join its team to oversee its external package / site installation works in UK. The successful candidate will assist with the development of overall strategy, growth and profitability. They will be responsible for the supervising / organising and successful execution of large-scale projects.
- Have overall responsibility for the successful completion of the section of works and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of our installation package.
- Ensure all team members are fully inducted and carry out role specific requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Take responsibility for the safety and welfare of general public, staff and supply chain within the area of control under strict observance of the safety policy in conjunction with local HSE.
- Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contract arrangements are achieved.
- Achieve targets and KPI’s in line with Project objectives and monitor performance.
- Commercially review bids, with particular focus on payment mechanisms, event of default clause, termination thresholds and schedules with significant Operational risk / impact.
- Assisting in finalising conditions of contract for new work.
- Providing accurate and timely commercial information.
- Have a successful track record in managing operation delivery of facades and window installation and external elements within a construction, or construction related industry.
- Understand method statements and can coach other in document production.
- Understand the Organisation Business Management Systems and processes.
- Able to produce a programme and track progress.
- Experience with a similar position.
Package to be discussed at interview (competitive)
Closing date: CLOSED