Group Finance Meeting
In September last year, NorDan UK hosted the annual Group Finance Meeting. Finance teams from Norway, Poland, Sweden and Lithuania all attended the meeting here at our Head Office in Livingston. This was an opportunity for the Finance teams to get to know each other and discuss how their teams currently run and how we can work together to be more efficient for the future.
Key Discussions and Outcomes
- Focus on deadlines and meeting goals
– Setting more realistic targets and focussing on time management and prioritising duties to meet set targets.
- Working collaborative to be a more efficient finance team
– Working together as a team by using the same financial reporting processes and systems to allow all finance teams to work collaboratively.
- 2018 Budgets and planning for the Future
– Discuss and analysis the 2018 Budgets to allow the company to develop systems which will allow the company to be prepared for the future.
– Be a pro-active team rather than a re-active team to be prepared for any upcoming challenges the company may or may not face.
Getting to Know the Teams
To give our international finance teams a flavour of Scotland we thought of no better way than an open top bus tour of the capital city Edinburgh. Everyone was very impressed with the history behind all the historic architecture in Edinburgh and really enjoyed the traditional Scottish music playing in the background in the bus.
Following the bus tour, we decided to give them a real taste of Scotland and let them try Scotland’s traditional food Haggis at a top rated restaurant in Edinburgh. Followed by a delicious sticky toffee pudding for dessert. It is fair to say everyone enjoyed their evening getting to know one and other in a relaxed environment.